Honey, I Think I Made Protein Waffles
Updated: Jul 20, 2019
The holidays are coming and what better way to welcome your guests than with golden, delicious and nutritious protein waffles.
It's always hard to strike a balance during the holidays. On the one hand, there's pie. Lots of pie. Pumpkin to be exact. And it's calling my name. On the other hand, there are my four month post partum health and fitness goals. What's a girl to do?
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. Balance is a girl's best friend. Think about it. What happens when we try to restrict or be rigid with our eating? Generally, a binge eventually happens because we aren't meant to live that way. And what happens if you eat everything that your heart desires? You feel sick , fatigued and you regret EVERYTHING.
So I proclaim this holiday season the season of balance. One healthy delicious meal at a time. And in the spirit of such, here is my Protein Waffle Recipe.
• 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
• 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 cup Oat or Almond Flour
• 1 scoop Protein Powder
• 1 Medium Egg
• 1 Medium Egg White
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla
• Sprinkle Pink Himalayan Salt
• 1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
• Optional Toppings: Peanut Butter, Honey and Cinnamon
1. Preheat waffle maker and spread 1 Tbs Coconut Oil onto heated plates to prevent sticking.
2. Beat egg and egg white together until mixed. Add coconut milk, greek yogurt and vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
3. Add oat flour and protein powder and mix well. Sprinkle salt to taste.
4. Pour mixture into waffle maker and cook according to manufacturers directions.
5. Move waffles to plate and top with your favorite healthy toppings. Enjoy!